Saturday 31 July 2010

Where do we go from here?

Hmmm... Ok, so a few questions, like where do I go from here? I still have some more experimenting to do with this process you see here (below), but there are still many questions left unresolved and whilst I don't have time necessarily on this residency I will want to address them at some point. For example, I'd like to think a bit more about scale. Why do I tend to work so big? I'd say to create more impact and make a contradiction of something small into something big so that you can notice it more. However! I could also argue that actually, as always shouting isn't always the best way to draw attention to something and through whispering sometimes we actually hear better. Should I be more sensitive and subtle? Mind you, I'm becoming more subtle gradually than what I was two years ago... More questions like, why do I leave the tools black and white against a coloured backdrop? And do these prints of the originals actually convey something more than the actual objects themselves?
That last one is particularly tricky and one I would struggle to answer as I cannot see past my own personal bias and connection to both the prints and the tools themselves. I'd have to ask you?
So my next and final week is going to be spent reflecting and perhaps concluding and refining some of these thoughts into a couple more testers and hopefully one big final, pulling it all together monster of a piece.



'I'm good at creating monsters but not at taking responsibility over them.'


No comments:

Post a Comment