Sunday 25 July 2010

In nothing perhaps there was something...

On the afternoon of Thursday 22nd I ventured out in pursuit of the search of nothing and in doing so ended up finding something...

Below are a couple of images of the now empty workshop, which I found took longer to photograph, funnily enough, than when it was full. Maybe 'less is more' and that in the complete absence of tools there was more of a presence of them than there ever had been when physically when they were there. Perhaps...

That's getting a bit metaphysical for me. I do, however, like the idea of using the space, the trace of where the tools once occupied to make new work. I normally draw the 'trace' of the tools anyway by concentrating on their outlines and space around them to make marks in my prints so what if I applied this same thing to these photos? To unravel some of my cryptic ramblings, I'm basically thinking of printing onto these photos. The rest, you'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment