Sunday 18 July 2010

Semacodes




So this is my first blog and I am writing when I have writers block. Writers block... for me, is like being able to talk and not speak. I can talk of this and I can talk of that but I can not talk of the other . The other in this case is my work which investigates the uses and applications of semacode. Perhaps one reason why I find it hard to write of my own practice is that the creative process keeps changing , so it feel like a commentary on something emerging and evolving. Certainly I know that I am attracted in part to semacode is because I am Dyslexic. Being Dyslexic means I struggle with words and the story goes that "In the beginning was the word" so its been a struggle with something pretty important. Through practice and the use of technology one learns to be less cumbersome and more confident . So why am I exploring Semacodes ? The thought of being able to take a word or sequence of words to express something (or nothing) and turn it into a visual image is very interesting . A thought ,a word, an expression, transformed into a computer generated image , that looks like a mandala, re constructed as a woven piece of material ,the word now embedded into the rhythm of silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment