Monday 19 July 2010

"Between thought and expression lies life time " Lou Reed , Some Kinda Love... The space between words between ERATIC and EROTIC between Mother and Other .

I am working with words and code , I am working with words because I consider them as a code, how we use them where we place them ,who understands a particular sequence of words.


There is something about words and their connection to the past, how they are rooted in our childhood , past down to us . And I am thinking about the words I dont use , the words which were alien to me , a foreign language, I heard the words but did not understand.



Its relatively easy to generate a code via a QR code generator via the internet to produce a 2 dimensional image paper. That feels like belonging to the technological process... to be outside the technological progress/process is to be outside of society. Smart people Have smart phones.
I wonder what if code can be incorporated into a 3D structure ,something architectural and create these . I see them as totems or rather I see through this process something beyond the structure of a formal written language. Which are not concerned with particular words and their meanings but about more about object relationships and working with the same objects to form differing relationships.

So the work of Sculpture David Smith emerges from somewhere .

No comments:

Post a Comment